Bodyguard Switchblade Backpack Commuter Model (3A Protection)
- Quickdraw Single-pull System
- Full Front and Back Protection
- NIJ Level 3A Ballistic Protection Standard
- Designed in US, Made in Israel
- Twaron™ Aramid Ballistic Material
- 50 State Legal to Own and Wear
- Fits Almost Any Size
- TSA Approved
- US Patent Pending
Increase Protection to 3+ with the Standard Plates (free shipping with order)
Switchblade Backpack – Competitive Advantage
- Converts into a vest in less than a second (US Patent Pending)
- Allows you to choose your protection 3A or 3+ (highest protection available)
- Allows you to use your own lightweight plates
- MOLLE system enables you to attach holsters, first aide kits and other equipment
- Velcro ROCKER patch blows you to add agency indicator
- Commuter – Is made to go to work and to class. Will hold laptop, tablet, pads, pens and books.
- Weight with 3A protection 6 pounds
How It Works
Set Up Procedure
1) Try it – put in on, make sure it’s snug, grab the ripcords and pull straight up. Try this a few times to make sure you’re pulling straight up and over.
2) If it hits the back of your head, it’s too short and the need to LENGTHEN the vest straps with the Velcro adjustment in the protection chamber.
3) If the protection isn’t coming all the way out of the protection chamber, then SHORTEN the vest straps with the Velcro adjustment in the protection chamber.
What Is It Made Of?
Twaron (a brand name of Teijin Aramid) is a para-aramid. It is a heat-resistant and strong synthetic fibre developed in the early 1970s by the Dutch company AKZO, division ENKA, later Akzo Industrial Fibers. The research name of the para-aramid fibre was originally Fiber X. It was released in the 1970s.
How It Deploys
1. Put on the backpack as you would any other backpack.
2. Grab the rip cords
3. Pull straight up (don’t be shy)
4. Secure the side protection and you’re good to go.
How to Reload Your Switchblade
1. Lay the Switchblade on the table.
2. Extend the ripcords and fold the side protection over the rip cords.
3. Place the protection top first into the front protection chamber. Make sure the top collar straps are folded and not tangled.
4. Attach the ripcords to the Velcro on the shoulder straps.
5. Starting with the RED loop, insert the deploy cord. Then insert it into the next loop located on the alternate side – weaving the front protection chamber closed.
NOTE: if you run out of deploy cord – no problem, just move the ripcord higher on the shoulder strap.